Wednesday 27 February 2008

Have a Cup of Tea on Me

I've made my first appearance on Episcopal Café at Daily Episcopalian (scroll down) called The View from England. It's just a sweeping statement of an overall view of Anglicanism here and there with a little bit about me in the form of an introduction. I'd have preferred A View From England as I am but one viewpoint but I didn't set the title. I have some difficulty registering to make a comment there, so I'm sorry if I seem to be ignoring people there. I suppose my basic point is that with the Catholics having split - with the dogmatists gone into marginality, then the evangelicals seem to have found an issue by which to do the same. The same could come to actual liberals; I mean, since I wrote my piece I note that even in Affirming Liberalism that there are those who argue that liberalism is inadequate alone and those who consider it is self-sufficient. The same kind of binary tendencies pop up all over the place.

1 comment:

Ann said...

How to post a comment at Episcopal Cafe (and welcome too):

Visit here to

Set up your account. To ensure that you're ALWAYS authorized to post to the Cafe, include your real name in your registration, either under "display name" or "membername". Even though Typekey says it will not publish your real name unless you choose to, the Episcopal Cafe's Ethic of Transparency requires that you use your real name in order to have your comments published on the site. You may wish to register an id specifically for interacting with the Cafe if you have a "handle" you use elsewhere.